Only 500 of Hyundai’s Limited Edition Venue SUV will be available to locals at prices that will range between R328 900 and R385 900 when the import arrives here later in 2020.
Distinguished from the rest of the range that was launched at the end of 2019, the Limited Edition SUV has a two-tone exterior colour scheme.
The new offering features a tailored interior treatment and is available in three variants with “Fluid” and “Glide” specification levels.
Unique two-tone touch
All Limited variants have white roofs and blue bodywork and interiors marked by denim and leather that are unique to the range.
Power is supplied by the three-cylinder turbocharged Kappa 1.0 T-GDI engine which delivers 88 kW and 172 Nm maximum torque, which is common to all Venues.
However, in the Fluid specification level, the engine is paired with a choice of six-speed manual transmission or seven-speed automatic dual-clutch transmission. Fuel consumption is a claimed 6.5 litres/100km and 6.9 litres/100km in manual and automatic form. The flagship Glide variant comes with only the automatic option.
“The Venue is Hyundai’s most affordable SUV to date and has been well received since it was introduced last year. The Limited Edition adds a little more pizazz to the range for customers looking for a small, stylish SUV with a powerful and efficient turbocharged engine,” said Hyundai Automotive South Africa sales and operations director Stanley Anderson.
Key exterior features of the Limited Edition are:
- A two-tone exterior in white and blue;
- Sixteen-inch alloy wheels as standard equipment; and
- Rear shark-fin spoiler and rear fascia asymmetric block to improve efficiency.
Interior features include:
- A light beige colour theme;
- Denim and leather cloth seats;
- 60/40 split, flat-folding rear seatback for the Glide version;
- Infotainment system with eight-inch display audio touchscreen system, rearview monitor, smartphone function, navigation, streaming audio and voice-control search abilities;
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio and cruise control buttons;
- Glovebox cooling and rear air condition ventilation ducts; and
- Six airbags (including a side air curtain).
The Venue is sold with Hyundai’s seven-year/200 000km warranty, a three-year/45 000km service plan, and roadside assistance for seven years or 150 000km.